HHS Volunteer Saves Dog While Visiting Georgia
One of our volunteers, Jojo was visiting relatives in Georgia over the weekend and came across this abandoned dog. Being the animal lover that she is, she got the dog some food and then took it to a veterinarian to check for a microchip. No chip, and the dog had scars on its' chest area that the vet thought was caused by a shock device. Jojo took the dog to the local animal control and they will rehome the dog to a new loving family. Kudos to Jojo for looking out for the animals even while out of state! She said, "breaks my heart that someone dumped her out there." Great job Jojo!